This week we are doing a screencasting project. We have been talking about why we are screencasting and how we are going to make screencasting work. Remember that our overall goal this year is to save, share and make our work engaging. Today we looked at a screencast I made with my daughter Grace and then generated a list of the what, why’s and how’s of screencasting. Below are a list of some of the things you came up with.
What is screencasting?
- A way to capture video, pictures and our voices
- A tutorial that shows how to do a strategy or key concept in math
- A way to show us doing math
Why are we screencasting?
- To share our work with our friends, kids in different schools and kids in different communities around the world
- To help others and ourselves learn key math concepts and math strategies
- Easy to access strategies at home or at school whenever you want especially when you forget something
How are we going to do a screencast?
- Decide on a device that we want to use
- Choose an app that we like, that is easy to save, share and allow us create work that is engaging
- Decide on a key concept or strategy
- Collaborate with a friend to make an engaging screencast
- Share our screencast by embedding into our blogs, tweeting or linking it to our facebook page